Fellowship & Fun
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Akron is a community of friendship and fun. Through a wide variety of fellowship opportunities and social activities, our members develop connections that bring meaning, hope, and whole lot of laughter and fun to their lives.
Fellowship Hour on Sunday mornings is one of our most popular opportunities for connection and community. Held in our beautiful Fellowship Hall, “Coffee Hour” often features delicious food prepared in our state-of- the-art kitchen, a special “visitors’ table” for those who are new to our community, a UUCA book table, and other tables and displays with information about important opportunities to get involved both within and beyond the walls of our congregation.
Fellowship at the UU Church of Akron is wide-ranging and very family-friendly. We organize special events designed for all ages, including our all church potlucks, a Ground Hog Day Beach Party with indoor volleyball, a mid-December holiday dinner, and the annual church picnic at Sand Run Metro Park.
If you would like to learn more or experience how fun and friendly our church community is, please contact the church office or join us for a worship service on Sunday morning.
2013 “The Fun Starts Here” Spring Fundraiser!!!
- Throughout this year, there will be a series of unique parties and events hosted by members and friends of our church.
- Members and friends, please consider hosting a party sometime between April 1, 2013 and February 28, 2014.
- Please contact the Fundraising Committee on or before Sunday, February 10 for inclusion in our 2013 UUCA Party Booklet, which will highlight the details and ticket price to attend each event.
- Proceeds of ticket sales will support the church operating fund. The hosts will pay for the costs of the party as a donation to the church.
- On Saturday, March 23 at 5:00 p.m., everyone is invited to the kickoff event in the Fellowship Hall for music, food, raffle items and fun as we announce each distinctive event and offer everyone the chance to purchase party tickets and fill up their social calendars while supporting the church!
CONTACT Fundraising Committee Co-Chair Jane Bond for more information.
The list of party ideas is as limitless as your creativity!!
UUCA Family Network
Are you looking for activities and programs open to all ages but geared towards families and children? Are you searching for community, connection, and a place to have fun and share your experiences of parenting and family life? If you answered "yes," then the UUCA Family Network is for you!
The Family Network has an online networking group where we can share ideas and drum up enthusiasm for our programs and activities. For a description of our ideas and an invite to the online group, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uucafamilynetwork/.
If you want to learn more about the UUCA Family Network, please contact our Family Network Coordinator, Carolyn Stevens
Akron Young AdUUlts
Are you between the ages of 18 and 35? Are you looking for a community of people who share your life experiences and challenges - a community of love and acceptance where you can relax, have fun, grow, and make a difference in the world?
We are a group of young adults in the Akron area between the ages of 18 and 35. We get together regularly to talk, to share meals, to have fun, and to experience the joy of connecting with others our own age.
The Young AdUUlts group has no test of faith or creed. Instead, we are rooted in the core Unitarian Universalist values of love, acceptance, and freedom. Whoever you are and wherever you are on your journey through young adulthood, you are welcome!
If you have questions or are interested in joining us, please contact Halley Cooper-Shumway or Ris Anderson
Friend us on Facebook! UU Akron Young Adults.